The staff at the Woodlands Golf & Country Club is extremely excited about the upcoming season/tournament schedule and hope you will choose to participate in this worthwhile program. With your help, we will continue to build on the tremendous success the club has experienced in the past. We sincerely welcome any input you may have regarding the Tournament Program and we look forward to a great year in 2016.
Tournament Club Fees
The Tournament Club Fee is $300.00 for Men and $230.00 for Ladies. This fee can be billed over your February, March and April club Statements. By joining The Tournament Club, your entry fee will be paid for all 18 Tournament Club Events. The only fee you will have to pay the day of the tournament is the applicable cart fee. The only events not included in the Tournament Club Fee will be the Member-Guest, Senior Club Championship, and the Parent-Child Tournament. All of the remaining tournaments are included.
It is easy to see that even if you happen to miss a couple of events along the way, it is still a great investment! If you are a serious “Tournament Player,” and plan on playing in almost all of the events in 2016, we would encourage you to consider The Tournament Club. More importantly, being a member of the Tournament Club will give you the opportunity to meet new friends and playing partners.
Ruby Cup Points
Another bonus of being a member of the Tournament Club will be the opportunity and competition to become a member of one of the two “Ruby Cup” teams. The 10th Annual Ruby Cup Matches will be played in October. Anyone signing up for the Tournament Club will receive 150 Ruby Cup Points. The Professional Staff will be keeping track of “Money” and “Points” leaders throughout the year. You will receive participation points for each event in which you participate and you will also be able to earn competition points based on your finishes in the tournaments. This event has been a huge success over the last eight years and will be a very special weekend of golf for all of those that make the 2016 teams.
2016 Tournament of Champions
The Tournament of Champions will return again in 2016. Winners from designated Tournaments will earn the right to compete in this year-end finale.
- No upcoming events
Tournament Club Highlights, Rules, & Regulations
- Nearly $300 in discounts for tournament entry fees.
- An automatic 150 Ruby Cup Points.
- Once one family member joins the Tournament Club, your child/children may be added for $150.00 each.
- A chance to participate on one of two “Ruby Cup Teams” in September – An estimated $100.00 value.
- A chance to participate in the Tournament of Champions.
- A Wide Variety of exciting and fun-filled tournaments designed to meet the needs of all types of players.
- Competition from any set of tees (when designated) with the appropriate USGA handicap adjustment.
- Complimentary Meals and Other Goodies before/after the designated tournaments.
- Players are responsible for signing themselves up for each tournament during the Designated Registration Period. The Deadline to sign up is usually the Wednesday Before Each Event.
- In some events, preferred tee times and/or pairings cannot be accepted due to the size of the fields and the amount of work involved. Please do not make any special requests in the Net Championship, Club Championship or Member-Member and Member-Guest.
- SPEED OF PLAY will be monitored on a regular basis and we ask each participant be aware/considerate of the groups around them.
- You must have an established Handicap (10 rounds or more) to be eligible to join the Tournament Club and participate in any Woodlands Golf & Country Club Event. If you do not have an established handicap index, please see a member of the Professional Staff.
Meet Your Golf Team Members:
Head Golf Professional(803) 788-7771 ext 1 firstname.lastname@example.org
I woke up Christmas morning in 1994, excited as any kid would be, to open presents. I had no idea one of those presents would get me to where I am today, a plastic set of golf clubs. Ever since then my passion for the game has continually grown. After high school at Spring Valley, I set out on a path of becoming a golf professional. I graduated from Golf Academy of America Carolinas in December of 2015. My studies involved Tournament Operations, Advanced Methods of Teaching and Complex Golf Operations. I moved back to Columbia to pursue my career as a golf professional and to be around my family and friends.
Golf Course Superintendent803-788-7771 email@example.com
David has over 20 years of experience in Turf Management. Previous courses he has worked at include Marsh Harbor Golf Club, Wildewood & Woodcreek Country Clubs, and most recently he was at Timberlake Country Club.
Assistant Course Superintendent
A native of Mexico, Nicolas has served as the Woodlands Assistant Course Superintendent since 2001. Nicolas has developed an extensive background in irrigation, turf management, and landscaping and has done an excellent job working with his team of grounds keepers and mechanics to keep the course in top-notch condition.
Along with Nicolas is his dog Boo, a Chihuahua/Yorkie mix, that spends his days chasing geese off the driving range and rabbits and squirrels off the greens. Boo is also up-to-date on his golf etiquette and knows to always be quiet when on the course.